Tampa has a growing number of Private Equity owned companies and it’s not surprising why. Private equity holds several inherent advantages over public ownership, including the ability to boost equity returns through creative leverage arrangements. Yet it is more than economic re-engineering that explains the difference in returns between private equity and the public sector. Rather, at Ovesto we see the key reason for the success of the private equity model is its unique ability to add value to a business through a singular focus on maximizing shareholder returns.
However, private equity companies face an increasingly difficult operating environment, not only in Tampa, but nationwide, in which sound investments are harder to find and land, portfolio ownership cycles are extended, and exit valuations are more challenging and unpredictable. Ovesto has more than two decades of consulting experience helping private equity firms maximize the value of their portfolio companies by developing growth strategies, identifying opportunities for operational efficiency, post sale or merger integration, information technology and digital revamps, business intelligence implementations and assessing follow-on M&A opportunities.
Ovesto’s thorough analysis enables private equity clients to make decisions confidently and effectively across all phases of the corporate and investment life cycle and all investment types and deal structures. Our senior professionals work with private equity companies to:
- Use our real-world, operational, digital, and corporate governance experience to lead sustainable transformational change at the operational, technical, and organizational levels. We will assume interim management roles when needed until the right permanent talent can be found
- Unlock deep business intelligence insights into unexploited organizational value during due diligence and thereby identify potential risks and opportunities by means technology or digital assessments, functional evaluations, and holistic management and cultural analyses that assess all improvement levers across the company
- Share private equity firms sense of urgency, their desire for practical, bottom-line solutions, and their need for speed and flexibility. Most of all, we know that every investment requires its own set of solutions. In short, we understand how to work with private-equity firms to create value and have done so across a myriad of industries and different size companies.
Ovesto has built processes and playbooks to deliver commercial due diligence engagements with speed, transparency, focus, and collaborative skills necessary to provide the right assistance in a deadline-driven deal situation. Ovesto assesses the market position of the target company and pressure test key issues, technology debt and management projections for growth. Our differentiator is having seasoned industry veterans to advise what to ask about, and experience gathering information from a variety of sources, including substantive primary research. We also bring content and facts to bear to generate a substantive fact base and insights for the specific deal, and are a thought partner in the M&A process.
Ovesto has worked with many of the leading portfolio operations teams in the world from KKR to Clearlake Capital, providing substantive leverage through data-driven insights and actionable advice, particularly developing strategies to drive short- and mid-term revenue and profit growth, and helping create value from the day of deal close through exit. Portfolio company executives, who are often former consultants or operators, appreciate Ovesto’s combination of real world experience and analytic capabilities, tampa location, and action orientation.
Past Engagements include:
- Post Merger Integration
- M&A screens and due diligence.
- Identifying and prioritizing organic growth opportunities.
- Reviews of Information Technology, business intelligence and digital footprint/debt. Strategies to overhaul.
- Go-to-market strategies.
- Corporate Turnarounds.
- Growth Equity.
- Supply Chain Optimization.
- eCommerce/digital strategy.
- Assisting with Fundraising.
- Planning for exits.